We are soliciting proposals for workshops to be held together with the 2023 British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC 2023). Workshops will take place on 23rd and 24th November 2023.
The purpose of workshops is to provide a comprehensive forum on topics that will not be fully explored during the main conference as well as to encourage in-depth discussion of technical and application issues. We also welcome “Challenge Workshops” that aim to compare new and established methods on common data sets. BMVC 2023 organizers will collect workshop registrations, provide facilities, and distribute electronic copies of the workshop proceedings.
There will be competition for workshop space, time, and topic coverage. To enable the competitive selection process, proposals must be specific and detailed in justifying relevance and viability. Proposers may be asked to provide additional information, modify aspects of their proposals, or combine their proposals with another one. Also note that publication deadlines are very tight between the main conference acceptance notification and the workshop camera-ready deadline, so proposers have to be ready to undertake all the work related to soliciting and reviewing submissions and collecting final contributions.
Proposals should be submitted by 5th May 2023.
Proposals should include the following information:
- Workshop title.
- Proposers’ names, titles, affiliations, and primary contact email.
- Topics that will be covered.
- Background and experience that makes the proposers well suited for organizing the workshop.
- Rough program outline (estimated numbers of orals, posters, and invited talks).
- Names and bios of any invited speakers and an indication of whether they have agreed to speak.
- Anticipated target audience as well as the expected number of attendees.
- Description of relevance and viability.
- Description of how this proposal relates to previous workshops at BMVC/CVPR/ICCV/ECCV (be as specific as possible).
- Any special space or equipment requests.
For any questions, please contact the workshop chairs via [email protected].